Administration on the internal ERP system.
- Set up new projects with correct supervising roles
- Ensure that the budgets uploaded into the projects match the project managers' instruction
- Ensure that budgets are updated in time
- For overhead payments review all payment orders for compliance to company procedures before supervisor approval. You are responsible for the delivery of overhead services
- Correct any denials issued to you
- Reconcile supplier accounts with the suppliers
- Prepare weekly payment runs
- Inform suppliers of payments and which invoices they relate to
- Provide information as requested by the supplier and issued to you through the ticketing system
- Ensure that all transactions on the bank statements are properly recorded on the ERP system
- Ensure that invoices meet VAT legislation requirements
- Submit the input VAT return with cross referenced supporting documents within fourteen days of the month end to the financial accountant.
This role has the responsibility to ensure that outgoing funds are applied for services actually rendered, in accordance with agreed terms and that no money is lost for overpaying, or paying for services that were not delivered.
- Good oral and written communication skills - English
- The Cost Controller is required to have a strong commercial sense of each transaction, understand how it fits into a specific project, and constantly ask himself "is this right" before signing off on any invoices - the key items to satisfy himself for each contract and or payment.